The financial analyst will be responsible for performing financial analysis supporting the company’s efforts in the area of real estate investment, operations, development, asset management and the economic impact of strategic business opportunities.
- Valuation of existing real estate assets based on analyzing historical operating and financial performance.
- Financial modeling of future financial performance of real estate assets based upon company operating standards and implementation of value enhancement initiatives.
- Compiling, logging, benchmarking and interpreting due diligence information relating to asset financial performance, real estate assets, asset physical condition, market conditions, and results of third party reports.
- Financial modeling associated with the development and construction of new real estate development projects including IRR analysis, cash on cash return, leveraged and unleveraged returns.
- Evaluate and recommend best return on investment (ROI) opportunity(s) for portfolio NOI enhancement based on research, diligence, and financial analysis
- Preparation of investment analysis package including transaction overview, market overview, and results of financial analysis including sensitivity analysis.
- Participate in strategic discussions, identification and implementation of property-level revenue enhancement and expense management initiatives and monitor property and portfolio performance post implementation.
- Work directly with Departments Heads, Lead Executives and C-level officers to analyze opportunities and determine investment decisions
- Engage with multiple departments within the organization to actualize consistency in reporting and communication of key financial data
- When visiting an American Campus Community, support our commitment of unparalleled customer service and curb appeal, including never walking by a piece of trash without picking it up. At ACC - we are all groundskeepers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical Capacity.
- Financial and Investment Analysis Skills.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Oral and Written Communication Proficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree required in finance, economics or related field.
- 1-3 years financial analysis experience in a real estate company preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- MS Office Suite, proficient in Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Real estate valuation methodologies.
- Establishing and maintaining customer service through effective interpersonal communication, both verbal and written with internal and external customers.
- Reading, analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals, technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Writing reports, business correspondence, investment memorandums and proposals.
- Presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and coworkers.
- Understand mathematical concepts including net present value, internal rate of return, cash on cash return, and all basic concepts associated with the financial analysis of real estate.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Work independently as a self-starter with a hands-on approach.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Comprehend multiple abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
- Collaborate with various internal organizations.
- Remain detail oriented while multitasking and meeting multiple deadlines.
Certificates and Licenses:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work may change based upon the needs of the business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Back to Results